What is the purpose of this toolkit?
The “Plastic-free waterside” online knowledge base is a methodology toolkit, a bottom-up initiative to help waste reduction efforts of riverside holiday resorts and restaurants, local governments and the general public. Based on this methodology the institutional knowledge is transferred to stakeholders.
It is created to serve as the basis of waste reduction workshops, to support the implementation of actions for prevention and to support awareness raising.
Which elements does the PlasticFreeWaterside Toolkit include?
- Posters about selective waste collection
- ’9R’ Mindmap
- Waste reduction handguide - waste flows, best reduction hotspots (composting, selective waste collection, conscious procurement, green supplies), zero waste initiatives, plastic footprint reduction, moving back packaging materials from watersides
- Educational materials - educational supplements with lesson sketches, slide shows and acitivity recommendations focusing on river pollution, waste reduction (“9R”), waste hierarchy, circular economy, selective waste collection and recycling. (note:as an introduction you should use your own company intro in the presentations instead of HAEE intro)
What are the target groups?
- Waterside holiday resorts and restaurants, buffets
- Local governments
- General public
- Kindergardens and schools
- Canoe renting facilities
- Regional touristic centers and lodgings.
We really hope, that you can make much of of this tool during your work and your
This toolkit is an output of the INTERREG DTP Tidy up! project and is funded by European funds.