The Hungarian Association of Environmental Enterprises (HAEE) is a nonprofit advocacy organization, established 30 years ago. At present with 255 member companies, which are important economic operators of the Hungarian green industry covering a wide range of activities.
HAEE members are companies providing environmental services, R&D institutes, manufacturers & distributors, universities and green NGOs, who work to observe and enforce the local, regional and global goals, principles and priorities of environment and nature protection.
They promote protecting biodiversity, achieving the goals of climate policy, conserving natural resources, implementing circular economy, and also the economical and effective usage of materials and energy. The aim is to improve environmental processes and activities both at national and international level, with special regard to the Carpathian Basin, The Danube River Catchment Area and the V4 cooperation.
Our Association is an active member in 3 international associations (ISWA, NICOLE, EWA) to enhance the cooperation between the global initiatives and organizes national and international conferences, attends and represents the Hungarian industry in international forums, negotiations, joint economic committees, B2B events (on average 10-15 conferences are organized by HAEE yearly).
The Association is a professional partner of the Hungarian legislative preparation and drafting bodies. In the course of its advocacy work, it brings together, shapes and communicates professional opinions and suggestions on government concepts, plans and regulations. Assists enterprises in interpretation matters and official procedures and in the fulfillment of their obligations, requests a resolution if necessary, gives a proposal, or participates in the elaboration of studies preparatory to a professional decision.
The Association organizes a number of conferences and workshops a year to give a platform for disseminating and sharing professional information.
The National Meeting and Award Ceremony for Environmental Protection is organized by the Association with the participation of the relevant stakeholders of the green industry, members of diplomatic missions and member companies. At this prestigious event, the Awards for Environmental Protection, established by the HAEE, are given in three categories for those who have significantly contributed to improving the state of the environment: private individuals, companies and students as rising stars.
Green Industry Study
We publish every second year the Green Industry Study, involving 30 experts representing the Hungarian environmental industry with the purpose to summarise the sectors’ achievements, main tasks, targets and opportunities for the future (Megjelent a Zöldgazdaság2021 (kszgysz.hu).
The activities of the Association are complemented by two clusters:
KEXPORT Cluster promotes member companies’ international success by supporting the export activities of the environmental industry. The purpose of the cluster is to open up new business opportunities, to discover cooperation possibilities in foreign markets and to generate common projects through common international marketing.
ASZEK Cluster of Accredited Organizations was established to professionally represent the interests of those with domestic accreditation. The cluster is open to every organization – not exclusively in the environmental industry – that has accreditation in Hungary or has officially requested it
ÖKOINDUSTRIA Green Expo
We have been organising the ÖKOINDUSTRIA International Green Expo for environmental services and products since 2009, the last edition was organized successfully virtual between 28-30 April in 2021due to the pandemic situation, but 7th ÖKOINDUSTRIA is scheduled for the spring of 2023 offline with personal attendance.
Round table and brainstorming sessions for a clean Tisza, Plastic Cup, Green Dot, Green-Pack, awareness-raising, job fairs, XIR, preparing strategies, Award for Environmental Protection
We operate a database at www.kszgysz.hu (http://xir.hu) XIR, which contains companies of the environmental industry. The registration to the database is free of charge.
The Association manages working groups with the participation of the representatives of its member companies to promote efficiency in the operation of the sector and the member companies. Our working groups are Environmental Communication and Information Technology (awareness-raising and education), Prevention of Littering, Measuring – Sampling, Remediation and Damage Control, Waste Prevention and Waste Management, Water Management and Water Conservation, Innovation, Plastic Waste Management and Recycling.
Benefits of the membership:
- a community in the green industry – which inspires, motivates and generates innovation,
- knowledge center – which gives access to information relevant to the sector, and oers possibilities to implement professional recommendations,
- a community of like-minded individuals – shaping the way to sustainability and circular economy,
- relational capital – forming business partnerships for economic viability and efficiency,
- green marketing consulting in the sector,
- discounts for participations at professional events and in media appearances
- prompting members’ participation in the dual education system,
- writing applications, participating in national and international tenders,
- organizing networking events
- established media relations allowing to introduce and popularize eco-industrial activities,
- in our newsletters, we keep our members informed of the current events, the tenders and the legislative changes in the green industry,
- business partnership – mediation in products and services related to the green industry,
- ÖKOINDUSTRIA International Environmental Industry Exhibition organized every second year – ÖKOINDUSTRIA Grand Prize,
- yearly National Environmental Protection Meeting focusing on networking